What information is collected from you when you use the live support service:
- Your name (you are free to use a pseudonym)
- Your email address (if you provided this)
- Your city/country
- Your IP address
- Your browser and computer type
- The website that directed you to our site (where available)
- A transcript of the helpline conversation
Support conversations are confidential and will not be shared with any other agency or person – with the following exceptions:
- Where a member of the support team is finishing a shift it may be possible for you to continue your conversation with another team member. In this case you will be asked to consent to another team member reading through the transcript of your call so that they can take over.
- Calls may also be reviewed by other members of the Gambling Therapy support team to ensure a high quality service is delivered.
- In exceptional circumstances a clinical manager may decide that sharing information with another agency may be required where it is considered that there is risk of serious physical harm to yourself or to another person. In these circumstances Gambling Therapy will always attempt to agree the course of action with you wherever practical/possible, but reserves the right to take action independently if deemed necessary.